Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bathing Rituals

The art of bathing and rituals have been a part of my life for so many years it should come as no surprise that is how I got into the spa business (.....flash back it all start because of Sundays at Caesar's Palace but that was Vegas baby in the 80's).

The word SPA itself comes from Solace Per Aqua.

Restoring health thru water, as a veteran in the spa business I can share some special treats for you to enjoy at home (to make your visits to the spa a part of your lifestyle. Its what we do each day, the routines we establish that creates better health..)

Now that it's cooler in Chicago I find myself practicing the ritual of evening soaks with therapeutic products to destress my joints, my aches and pains and revive my spirit. (by the way these leave bathroom permeated with the most terrific aroma) Aroma plays a big part in my life and selecting products based on aroma's you are drawn to can be so uplifting.

My favorite bath soak is the Ruby Room Immunity Detox Bath Salts, a blend of European, Pacific and Dead Sea salt crystals with Acai Berry and Citrus Boost promotes deep stress release and soothes muscle aches and pains, while cleansing physical and energetic toxins! For me personally, it also promotes a deep regeneration if my spirit, relaxing me & deep sleep. So if I'm feeling particularly anxious; I can always count on this bathing ritual to support a restful night of sleep. (The topic of sleep certainly could be another post about the benefits of "beauty sleep" as well as the health benefits alone would make you look Beautiful!)
You can find these salts at two of my favorite places....
http://www.rubyroom.com/category_s/177.htm or

at the jewelbox at Odalisque in Geneva, Il
http://www.shopodalisque.com/#!


Love!


I found another love from Tara Spa Therapy, with so many soaks to chose from one could have a customize system based on health needs from Transitional periods of a woman's life (aka menopause! Its the wisdom phase right?), Muscle Fatigue and PMS!
There are many support mechanisms to keep us going and offer balance to the productivity of our days with some "me" time restoring and recharging our batteries. Tara Muscle Soother is enhanced with Juniper, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass...its also great to detox toxins and cellulite! (Gift idea: For the sport enthusiast this is a great gift too, I think about all the runners doing their marathons this time of the year and know they need this!..Sue am I giving away your Christmas gift or just checking to see if you read this blog?)


My recipe for spa bathing at home...
  1. Grab your fluffy towel and robe to put near your tub
  2. Draw a warm bath- add your favorite bath salts or essential oils- Soak and decompress for 15-20 minutes.
  3. Soothing Music
  4. Grab a cup of tea-Tazo Rest is great to induce sleep at the end of a long day
  5. Light a candle -
Check out LAFCO Feu De Bois, especially gorgeous in winter..it smells like a log cabin on the side of mountain with cedar logs in the fireplace, its woodsy, smoky & earthy. And its burning right now on my desk~





Lastly, deep breathing and slow the mind down, afterwards wrap yourself in your robe and chill for another 15 minutes.

The health benefits are amazing think about what you accomplish with this ritual.... you increase your circulation with the warm aromatic water, you soften sore and tense muscles and then you relax your mind...priceless!

PS
A special shout out to the Birthday Boy- Wishing you the best that life has to offer today and always. I adore you and love you. MWAH



No comments:

Post a Comment